Our second feature is Nikki Lee. I came across Nikki from one of the black travel groups on Facebook as she had posted one of her YouTube Vlog’s. Her videos are well put together, detailed and she gives a lot of details for anyone aspiring to travel to the destinations. Her interest to go to multiple continents and experience different cultures is a breath of fresh air.
1. What is your name?
2. Where are you from and where do you currently reside?
I’m from Chicago where I currently reside.
3. What countries have you traveled to and which was your favorite?
San Jose, Costa Rica
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Johannesburg, South Africa
My favorite was Phuket, Thailand. Food was amazing! It was extremely affordable and the vibe was calming and laid back.
4. Do you prefer to travel alone or with someone and why?
I prefer to travel with 1 other person. Solo travel comes a close 2nd. When I travel, I’m usually on a tight schedule. So I like to stay on track so I get most of my to do list accomplished. Sometimes When there are a lot on people traveling with you, there are too many agendas and I don’t get as much accomplished.
5. How would you describe your life before you started traveling?
My life was lit before traveling. ?
6. How has traveling changed your life?
Traveling has humbled me. I’m more cultured and appreciative of everything life has to offer. I’m more open minded and eager to try new foods and meet new people.
7. What is your favorite aspect of traveling?
The Rush of getting to a new destination and interacting with the locals.
8. Where is your next destination?
9. Have there been any moments while traveling when you felt in danger or uncomfortable?
How did you get away from it? Yes. In Guangzhou, the driving was very wreckless and road rage takes on a whole new meaning. My driver got out of his vehicle and ran to another driving and started banging on his windshield. In that moment all I could do was pray that I made it to my destination safely.
10. What advice would you give to someone aspiring to become a frequent traveler?
Don’t wait for anyone to go with you. Go by yourself and be free!